whatismold2Mold spores are everywhere in our environment. They are in the air we breathe and on everything we touch. Most mold spores are harmless and usually killed by sunlight and some molds help with decomposition which helps plants reuse nutrients and recycle our air. Spores themselves don’t usually cause any problems, but when they are exposed to a constant source of moisture, the resulting growth of mold colonies presents a real hazard to building structures.

Once passive mold spores turn into active colonies, they can decompose permanent structures such as wood and drywall and they can become toxic to those living in the home. When mold colonies are discovered, it is important to have the mold removed while treating the structure with proper remediation techniques to prevent any further mold growth and damage. AEI Decon uses high quality treatments that are non-hazardous to human health to get rid of your mold and prevent it from growing again.

For mold removal and remediation in Utah, call AEI Decon at 801-888-6698